News Archive 2014
The following propositions for the AGM were been proposed by the club committee:
- That the categories of membership be reduced from the present nine categories to three and that these are Full, Junior and Social Members.
- That the subscription rates for the three membership types above be set to £32.50, £1,00 and £15 respectively for 2014-2015 and that 30 pence be added to match fees to compensate.
- That the Club Captain and President cease to pay for their 'Days' and that members fund these events on a £2 to play and £2.50 for tea basis.
All three propositions were carried.
The following officers were elected:
- President Rob Renke
- Captain John Palmer
- Secretary Tom McGill
- Treasurer/Bar Officer Pete Driver
- Child Protection Officer Irene Wood
Committee Members: Terry Hammond, Fiona Hammond, Kevin Brazier, Alan Jones, Sue Palmer, Geoff Carnell, Chris Chamberlain & Georgina Marsh.
Donnington Wood have had a rethink on their decision to enter a new team in division 3 and have opted for division 6 instead. Unfortunately, this confirms that our A side will be relegated to division 2.
Our other teams will play in Division 3 on a Friday and Division 4 on a Monday. This confirms that the Monday team has been promoted from Division 5.
On Fridays, Division 2 will have to play Albrighton, Bowring, Bridgnorth, Broseley, Charlton, Maddocks, Newport, SJB, Sinclair, Stockton, Trench and Wrockwardine Wood and Division 3 at Allscott, Bowring, Chelmarsh, Edgmond, Horsehay, Madeley, Much Wenlock, Newport, SJB, Shifnal, St Georges and Trench.
The Monday side will play Albrighton, Allscott, Bridgnorth, Broseley, Donnington, Horsehay, Madeley, SJB, Sinclair, St Georges and Wrockwardine Wood.
The new season will start on Friday April 4th. Divisions 4, 5 & 6 start on Monday April 7th.
At the pre-season bowling meeting held on the 24th, the following team captains were elected:
Shropshire Premier Mick Harries
Mid-Shropshire Division 2 Pete Driver
Mid-Shropshire Division 3 John Palmer
Mid-Shropshire Division 4 Alan Jones
Dudley League Brian Walters
Highley - Islanders A Scott Harries
Highley - Islanders B Tom McGill
Highley - Bylet A Georgina Marsh
Highley - Bylet B Rob Renke
Ludlow Irene Wood
Telford Ladies Fiona Hammond
Seniors A Dave Elliott
Seniors B Les Bromley
Seniors C Dick Pinches
Scott Harries bowled well all day to win the cup with a 21-16 win over Chris Chamberlain in the final.